Thursday, December 01, 2005

Anticipating

I’m anticipating...

I’m anticipating eating too much...

drinking too much eggnog...

and complaining about the weight I gain.

I’m anticipating...

cleaning the gutters...

and putting up the lights...

and running four times to the store to buy spare bulbs.

I’m anticipating...

cutting down a Christmas tree...

and dragging needles through the house...

and pulling out the old decorations (25% will be broken).

I’m anticipating going enthusiastically to buy special somethings for special someones...

and getting frustrated with traffic and crowds and prices.

I’m anticipating...

I’m anticipating...

I’m anticipating special times of prayer, and sharing once again the wonder of the nativity and the joy of knowing...

that I love this season where the creator of the universe crept into the world through the womb of a young woman, and set the world right.

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

our creator may have someone working out the bugs that every life berring plannet has all over the univerce

12:00 PM, December 01, 2005  
Blogger Kel said...

anticipating connecting with other bloggers worldwide to share Christmas anticipations :)

5:35 PM, December 01, 2005  
Blogger Kitty Cheng said...

me too!

7:07 AM, December 02, 2005  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

me, too, except for the eggnog!

9:49 PM, December 06, 2005  
Blogger see-through faith said...

I love this time of year too
and yeah I hate the crowds, the noise and the fuss

7:50 AM, December 08, 2005  
Blogger 4evergapeach said...

I'm remembering an old Heinz ketchup commercial where the bottle is upside down and there is a song..."Anticipation..." Hee hee!

Your final comment is beautiful!

7:29 PM, December 12, 2005  
Blogger Lucy Stern said...

Yes, it can be a most wonderful season. Merry Christmas.

9:49 AM, December 22, 2005  
Blogger Cecilia Núñez said...

Thank you for your comment, and have a happy New Year!!!

9:10 PM, December 30, 2005  
Blogger Tirithien said...

Noticed you dropped in on my blog... Have a good New Year. :-)

11:45 AM, December 31, 2005  
Blogger Rulan said...

Hope your Christmas was great. May your new year be wonderfully full of the Lord. God bless.

8:43 PM, January 02, 2006  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Counter placed June 29, 2005